It has suddenly started putting patches of short fines lines on the screen, mostly over icons and a set that moves with the cursor.

I took my own G5 over and started transplanting parts.

It turns out the ATI 9800 Pro card video card is the culprit.

Anyone know where I can get a second hand or new one at a reasonable rate?

The machine has a Cinema Display so I'll need a card with an ADC connector (or an adaptor).

And on the subject of video cards - can PC video cards be used? There's a stack of cheap nVidia / ATI cards available out there...

Cheers, Antony.