>At 11:10 AM +0800 22/10/01, Ian Bacon wrote:
>Does anyone know of a means by which .pdf files can be converted into
>.jpg files?
>
>I would like to be able to use some .pdf map files in iMap. However,
>iMap cannot handle .pdfs

1 Assuming you have a PostScript printer driver installed, such as Apple's
Laserwriter or Adobe's AdobePS, print to file from Acrobat Reader.

2 Under PostScript setting, in the Print dialogue, choose EPS.

3 Save that EPS file.

4 Open Photoshop and use it to open the EPS file you recently created. Choose a
reasonable resolution when Photoshop asks for the resolution you want for the
bitmap that Photoshop will create. I would choose at least 300 ppi if you are
going to produce a b/w bitmap.

5 Save as JPEG file.

Many users don't realise that Photoshop can RIP PostScript files into bitmaps.
--
Regards,

Ray Forma
50 Harvest Road, North Fremantle WA 6159, Australia
Tel & Fax 61 (0)8 9335 6568