On Wednesday, February 6, 2002, at 03:33 PM, Doug Wilson wrote:

> on 6/2/02 3:26 PM, Darren Kam at [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
>
>> It's all good, but I do find it difficult to conform to:
>>> 4. You put your response *below* the quoted part.
>>
>> I often don't do this because I assume that people are already
>> following the
>> thread, and just want to see my response at a quick glance. Right or
>> wrong,
>> it's just personal preference.
>
> I wish people would read the RCF. It's more than just a personal
> preference.
> It's the way things are supposed to be done.
> RFC 1855, Netiquette Guidelines
> <http://rfc.net/rfc1855.html>

Sorry Doug but I beg to differ. The RFC is merely a set of guidelines,
and to quote from the RFC itself:

"This memo does not specify an Internet standard of any kind."

"This document provides a minimum set of guidelines for Network
Etiquette (Netiquette) which organizations may take and adapt for
their own use."

Very good guidelines I agree, but I'd draw short of saying that it is
the way things are supposed to be done.

Matt Huitson
Dept. of Psychology
University of Western Australia