At 15:45 +1100 23/2/02, Troy May wrote:
Martin Hill on 23/02/02 3:17 PM, wrote:

> For those interested in a bit of WAMUG history, the WAMUG email list
is actually closer to 6 years old. I originally set the list up
running off the listserver at Curtin Uni sometime before May 1996
(that's the earliest email to the list that I have saved on my Mac -
anyone got an earlier one?)

I think Peter Lewis hosted the first list at my request before that even,
when I first rolled the ROM out for electronic distribution instead of hard
copy!

I'm pretty sure I've got it archived onto a CD around here somewhere.

I always thought we'd gone from Peter's server to eGroup's I don't recall
the interim move to the Curtin server.... getting older than I thought :-)

No, Martin (as he would know) set up the original list at Curtin.

The wamug-comittee list was hosted here on proxy.peter.com.au around mid 1997 I think. The wamug list moved here in April 1998.

The lists then moved to eGroups in March 1999 which in turn became yahoogroups.

Enjoy,
Peter.

--
<http://www.interarchy.com/> <ftp://ftp.interarchy.com/interarchy.hqx>