I am using an iMac 333, 256Ram, OS8.6 with Eudora 5.1 (sponsored version)

I often have a lock-up problem when attempting to open mail. It
seems to be only when opening digests and messages about fantastic
offers..ink cartriges etc. The cursor (ball) moves in a jerky
fashion but nothing else happens and requires a restart.

Any ideas?

Go to Special->Settings->Fonts & Display and turn off 'Download HTML graphics'

Alternatively, check that you've got the latest version of Eudora.

Have fun,
Shay
--
Perth, Western Australia Technomancer It must be bunnies!