5) Panic as you think about the high cost and watch everything go sooooooooooooo slow because although the phone is actually capable of a 43k connection, Telstra only allow a 9.6k connection. Legalised mafia strikes again!

Telstra never rolled out HCSCD because they rolled out GPRS instead, hence why the network doesn't support it (does any other carriers' network in Australia?).

GPRS isn't supported on a Nokia 6210, so you could just as equally blame Nokia :)

Have fun,
Shay (In the interest of full disclosure, I do have Telstra shares. Not that that makes me particularly fond of Telstra at all :)
--
Perth, Western Australia Technomancer It must be bunnies!