Hiya all,

There was a recent enquiry here about Nokia phones and infra red. On another
list, there was a similar question, at the same time. This is the outcome to
that one.

Rgds,
Phil

>I now have a solution for my problems connecting my Nokia 8210 to my Tibook
>using infrared under OS X 10.1.3. Thanks to Phillip McGree who pointed me in
>the right direction and to Johan Nilsson who presented the solution on Apple's
>discussion page.
>
>This is what Johan wrote and what actually works great with Nokia's 8210 even
>though the software is meant for 6210. (I tried the 14400 speed and it works
>perfectly):
>
>>Download the Nokia Modem Option which is a small utility who config/make
>>Nokia modem script which works fine
>>(http://nokia.com/phones/productsupport/6210/downloads.html).
>>You have to run the Nokia Modem Option in Mac OS 9 (doesn't work in classic
>>mode). You can set the modem speed etc. I am not sure if the Ir option is
>>there but it doesn't matter. I made the script on an iMac. The utility saves
>>the modem script in the script folder (/System Folder/Extensions/Modem
>>Scripts/). Copy the new script and place it in the Mac OS X modem script
>>folder (/Library/Modem Scripts/). Restart the powerbook. Choose the new modem
>>script (Nokia GSM 43200(or your slected speed) (Modem), Intern) in System
>>Preferences/Network. Surf. I have made 28.8 modem speed.

Sent from the Apple PowerBook G4 of:
Phillip McGree Web:     http://www.phil.net.au
Perth, Western Australia        http://chat.iinet.net.au
Mobile Phone: 0418 922 500      Email: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Macs for sale - new and secondhand      http://mac.iinet.net.au