On 3/5/02 9:26 AM, "[EMAIL PROTECTED]" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:

> On Wednesday, May 1, 2002, at 01:54 PM, crazy_ebot wrote:
>

>> 'we got anyone on the list who knows if the speed demonstrated
>> in the DreamWeaver MX preview is an indication of the final
>> release?
>>
>> I'm hoping _to god_ it isn't ... it seems to bring up the spinning
>> beachball (up to 5 seconds) for _window_ selections ... 'yuk'.
>
> I have actually girded my loins (a painful experience in itself) and
> used DreamWeaver MX for some serious work. After the first day's use
> where everything was spinning beach balls. length waits and forced
> quits, I am happy to report that this software is now behaving
> beautifully. Everything seems snappy and responsive. The new interface
> takes a bit of getting used to, and I guess that's going to change again
> in the light of Adobe's court case win against Macromedia, but I'm
> really looking forward to the final release now.

This is purely personal preference, but I have never liked the Macromedia
interfaces. They just don't seem like they are well thought out. Or maybe I
am just bitter that Macromedia cancelled xRez and SoundEdit.

I have grown up with Adobe software and it just seems like it is the right
way to do things.

Maybe I will have another look at the MX series. I certainly like the idea
of being able to generate 100% Pure CSS code. (Yes, I know I should be
writing my code in BBEdit or VI or EMACs. But you want to know something? I
prefer to spend my time designing, rather then typing!)

:-)

Regards

Matthew Healey
[EMAIL PROTECTED]