Heya Andrew, everyone ... thanks for the info - all good stuff.

I considered the Telstra deal, but on my dialup bigpond account I still get
weird issues where mail.app / Entourage have problems sending to the
mailserver, and I semi-regulary lose internet access (line remains connected
but when you ping you get nada), only solution is to disconnect/connect.

Thought I'd try another ISP and maybe ADSL at the same time ... you
mentioned you use an Alcatel Modem though. Is that comparable to Shay's
DLink 500 price performance-wise, or closer to the DLink 300. If the Alcatel is
good and costs around $250 I'd be interested to find out who sells them
locally.

I've got VPC, but I prefer solutions with the least number of utilities reqired
;)

Cheers,

Tobes.

<sniP>