Would appreciate any advice on the best backup solution please.

I haven't got the bandwidth to worry about backup to a remote site. I
probably need about 20Gb maximum backup capacity, and reliability, ease of
use and speed is the most important thing (to encourage me to do it
regularly). For this reason I don't think a Zip drive and hence multiple
disks is an option.

I have an iMac Special Edition (graphite) at the moment, but I want to take
into account that I'll be upgrading over the next 6 months to whatever the
latest desktop is at the time. I don't suppose that'll matter much anyway.
The only consideration that I can think of is that a new Mac will probably
have DVD-R capability, and therefore backing up to a series of DVD's might
be the best option on balance??

Do I simply buy a 2nd hard disk to back up to? Are magnetic tape solutions
available/cheaper/just as good?

Any suggestions / experiences would be appreciated.

Steven