Has anyone heard of this?

Appleworks 6 (os 9.2), when on a LAN, redraws all it's screens TWICE - eg open Shortcuts, the list of shortcuts displays twice. Slows it down. Hardware: [EMAIL PROTECTED] ("pizmo") running 9.2.2 (same problem in 9.0.4). Actually the whole computer works a lot slowly when on the network. Other apps: various, including Timbuktu Pro 4.

Also - my copy often crashes when I try to quit it: spinning wheel icon for a while, then an error of type (whatever) and it "unexpectedly quit". Furthermore, when it does this, it doesn't release the RAM back to the system. Any of you gurus know what this means? Thanks heaps.