Before my UPS gave up I took a monitor power cable and a power board, cut the male end off the cable, opened up the power board and replaced its cable with the neutered monitor power cable.

That said these days I don't think you can get power boards that you can unscrew they all seem to be sealed units.

Whups - maybe I should clarify - I'm not after a usual "CPU to monitor" power cable, but because the new iMac has a weird power connector (in the shape of mickey mouse ears) it's a cable that I haven't come across yet.

The back of the iMac has a plug that looks like:
        _ _
/ \ / \
\ /
\_/

(ie Mickey Mouse!)

and not a normal sort of plug like
        _______
| |
\ /
-----

(apologies, I never passed ASCII Art 101)

If you don't get what I mean, take a look on Apple's web site <http://www.apple.com.au/imac/specs.html> to see an image.

However, I may have a possible solution thanks to Katinka!

Cheers,
Darren.