The thing that confused me about starting up in OS 9.2 was that nothing was
in trash. The problem seemed to come from OpenBase. In the end I ran
Sherlock in OS 9.2, located all references to OpenBase and deleted them.

Mac OS X and OS 9 do not use the same trash directory.

Was the premature
release of OS 10 driven by the marketers who wanted to pre-empt Microsoft
XP? When will Apple learn that nothing deters users more than buying an OS
that doesn't work. It's all very well to have a good looking screen, but
that's useless if the user can not print.

If Apple hadn't announced (and subsequently released) OS X at stage of the game it's likely it would have died in a mire of even worse than usual press.

There seems to be a parallel with maturity in relationships - learning to
look past the looks and to appreciate the character and personality of the
one lusted after. In my opinion, Apple is still at teenage level of
emotional and relationship maturity.

There's the famous quote about Gil Amelio being "Adult supervision" :)

Have fun,
Shay
--
Perth, Western Australia Technomancer It must be bunnies!