Hi Phil

What you are trying to do is fairly standard and there is no reason it
shouldn't work.

Try creating a new network location for your settings on each machine. Make
sure you then select that location from the Apple menu - don't leave it on
Automatic (not sure how the Automatic location works). Then in the "Network
Port Configurations" option in the "Show" drop down section of the network
prefs panel set the order of active network ports so that Airport is at the
top (simply drag it up to the top). This will ensure that Airport is used
as the first option for networking. I make it a practice to disable the
ports I am not using.

I hope this helps.

Cheers

Greg

on 9/10/02 7:04 PM, Goodall-Smith - Psychological Health Care at