On 25/10/2002 1:49 PM, "Brett Carboni" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Has anyone got experience with latest G4 DP concerning noise (running OS9
> programs especially)? Is it *that* bad?
>
> It's a big priority for me. I need to buy soon but will hold off until Jan
> when new Macs are released when presumably they will fix it. Plus I'll get
> the latest G5/whatever that they release. (I realise that the waiting for a
> faster Mac logic means one never buys anything - but I don't want a machine
> that will drive me nuts, and I'd rather get the last Mac that will boot
> OS9).

We Mac users have bee spoiled! Welcome to the land of high-performance
computing.

We have just installed an xServe which in on load from AppleCentre ITQ, HI
ROD!!!!!! This thing is noisy. I am talking "plane taking off noisy". But,
it has dual processors and flashy lights so I don't really care.

I certainly hope the situation gets better though.

(on another note, everyone on the list has to go to Tsunami and try the
Tepinyaki Steak. It was the best damn steak I have every had!)

Regards

Matthew Healey

--

Matthew Healey