Hi All,

Anyone in the group had experience with using a PCMCIA card to provide extra
USB ports on a Powerbook?

I have a Bronze Powerbook G3, 333, running OS 9.2.1. I also a variety of
USB devices.

I have a Belkin pocket hub, my Scanner, Keyspan serial Adaptor and video
capture device all run fine on it. The Epson C60 printer, Iomega external CD
burner and 20 gig external drive all want to be plugged into a real port to
work reliably. I get the same results with or without the Belkin power
supply. I imagine that I would get similar results from any external Hub.

I was thinking that I could pick up a PCMCIA card to give me some extra
ports that may be more reliable. A quick look on ebay turns up a variety of
cards, most of them seem to only come with windows drivers though.

I can live with re plugging when required but I would prefer to find a more
elegant solution.

Regards,

Paul

"Allow me to explain about the theatre business.
The natural condition is one of insurmountable obstacles on the road to
imminent disaster.
Strangely enough it always turns out well."
Tom Stoppard