Agreed that it is not really that cheap compared to a CD.

But more flexible pricing, convenience of downloading the songs that you like,
remember you have to purchase the whole CD of which you might only like 3 out
of 17, does sometimes outweighs buying a CD.

Also this is the first major music download commercial service, the price of
downloading music will come down when the popularity goes up (hopefully). To
attract more buyers, they may lower the cost of one song or make it cheaper to
buy one album rather than downloading a song.

I think there are a lot of good stuff for this music service, especially with
iTunes 4 (rendevous streaming, anyone?).

Now where's the chinese pop music service?? :-P

Steven