On Thu, 2003-05-29 at 10:53, Mark Secker wrote:
> called a Ben Harper fan as I have purchased all his albums. When I
> went to rip the album so I could listen to it on my Laptop/ at work
> /plane/ soon to be purchased iPod not only can I not rip it the
> PowerBook will not even accept the CD in the drive just spins it for
> a few seconds then spits it out... then I read that it's copy
> protected and needs Pentium what ever and windows this or that but no
> mention of Mac support or even the lack off...

As a Ben Harper fan you can do the following three things:
* Return the CD to place of purchase for a full refund, stating
clearly that the reason for the refund is the copy protection.
* Send a letter to the record company explaining your
dissatisfaction with their product.
* Send a letter to Ben Harper directly, explaining why he won't be
getting the royalties from your purchase from this CD because it
was copy protected.
I'll leave it to your inventiveness to actually go to the store and
draft the letters...

Onno Benschop

Connected via Optus B3 from S33:37'33" - E115:07'30" (Dunsborough, WA)
--
()/)/)() ..ASCII for Onno..
|>>? ..EBCDIC for Onno..
--- -. -. --- ..Morse for Onno..

ITmaze - ABN: 56 178 057 063 - ph: 04 1219 8888 - [EMAIL PROTECTED]