Vladimir James wrote:

> I previously asked for advice on interpreting the error message "The
> connection was terminated because the other side is not responding".
> While I received some suggestions on altering my dialup procedures, no
> one tackled the main issue.

AS one who suggested you use a different dial up procedure in order to
gather additional clues. I humbly suggest
that the " main issue " is not what the message said..........
the main issue is that your computer does not connect.

These messages are generated dependent on the end result,,, and the problem
can
be a long way from there, either your end or the other end.

Sure , it said that the other side is not responding, but did you send
what the other side needed in order to respond. ?????

It can be very difficult to put a finger on the actual cause at times,
without gathering a lot of other clues as to where to look.

( As a sample of this view Bill Parker's message in WAMUG archives
message sent 15/5/2003 @ 7.40am and the heading was
" Re: More iinet. Was tedious now boring and tedious." )

So did you try a manual connection by opening Apple Remote Access
and connecting from there , and at what stage did your connection
attempt fail ?

Have fun

Bob