Hi Greg,

In addition to the advice from Shay and Martin, might I also suggest you take a look at a shareware app called "App Switcher" (check versiontracker). I use it as part of my reassignment of the application-shifting key combo from Command-Tab to Opt-Tab. A neat extra feature of this app is that it has a preference you can select to "Keep applications' windows in same layer (like MacOS9)". If selected, this option will bring all windows of an application to the front upon switching ala pre OSX versions of the Mac operating system. If you can live with changing your application shifting key combo to either opt+tab or ctrl+tab (currently the only options available in version 0.9.8 of this app) then this might be one solution worth considering.

Regards, Matt.

Matt Huitson
Dept of Psychology
University of Western Australia