Macintouch today

Elliot Ramsay sent in a rave about a very cheap tape-backup option:
I had been looking for a backup solution for my small design consultancy and after reading the summary of DV Backup by Tim Hewett of Coolatoola.com on MacInTouch I immediately checked this product out. This is a staggeringly useful piece of software that provides the means for almost anyone with a DV camcorder the flexibility of a high capacity tape backup system. After purchasing an activation key and utilising one of my unused DV cassettes I was able to make a complete backup and restore of my G4 Powerbook with less fuss than I ever experienced using products like Retrospect not to mention it's very portable. To be fair DV Backup is not yet packed with all the features of products like Retrospect however what it lacks in features it makes up for in ease of use with a slick interface and plug and play usability. What I think is extremely clever about DV backup is not only is it innovative but it also meets the needs of all those mac users who don't have the budget to go out and buy an expensive tape backup system or don't want to end up with endless stacks of DVD backup disks cluttering up their studio space. Another nice thing about DV Backup is the support offered by TIm. I had a question after purchasing my activation code via Kagi (the tiny sum of $25 USD) and emailed the support email address only half hoping to get a response sometime in the next seven days if ever. I was pleasantly surprised to find that I got a reply within six hours and found that Tim was not only quick at getting back to me but was much more helpful than the support that I have encountered from any major software company so far. In my opinion this is one of the most useful and best value for money products that I have come across on MacInTouch and recommend that your readers check it out if they have not already.