>MacNN reader Daryl Courtney writes: "I read a article about a retailer
>who is trying to get GPS companies to support the Mac.The retailer even
>offered to help, but the companies are saying not enough interest, etc.

I don't know much about GPS but I've done a lot of work with serial
programming, including recently via Keyspan to handle the brainwave
transmitter from <http://www.ibva.com> and wonder if this is something
worth tackling as a software developer - any pointers to vendors who would
be interested?

There's a bit of stuff easily googled about GPS and Linux - shouldn't be
too big a port for the underlying comms.

BTW that URL had a space in it. Here's a tiny version:
<http://tinyurl.com/jlvh >

--

Andy Dent BSc  MACS  AACM   http://www.oofile.com.au/
OOFILE - Database, Reports, Graphs, GUI for c++ on Mac, Unix & Windows