See Bottom

For Sale..

1 Sonnet Crescendo G3/450 1M L2 for $350

I can highly recommend this - it also goes in some Mac clones like my UMax Pulsar and made it into a very usable (Classic) machine.

I don't know if you would get OS/X reliably on one of these but if you need to rev up an old machine for graphics or website development you will end up with something very comfortable.
--

Andy Dent BSc  MACS  AACM   http://www.oofile.com.au/
OOFILE - Database, Reports, Graphs, GUI for c++ on Mac, Unix & Windows

Using a G3/350 1M L2  and there a couple of things about these:

1. The RAM must be FPM and this is not necessarily existing in your Mac.

2. Yes you can use OSX...IF you buy Sonnet special OSX extra ( perhaps A$60), BUT you
        CANNOT use OS9.2.2.  Use 9.1 or earlier to go with OSX

While the Sonnet card does a great job, if your starting fresh and trying to get up to speed with software as well you need :

Sonnet Card
OSX
OSX sonnet extra
256 RAM (at least)  FPM
and while that is all very nice the cost would put a great deposit down on a new Mac

Have fun

Bob

and while that is all very nice