Thanks for your reply. The screen is 90% of the time covered with
stripey colours. Sometimes, at a certain angle, I get the desktop, but
most of the time just a colour spectrum. Your link doesnt seem to be
working. do you still think it would be a cheap thing to fix?

  ~
Robert
     Griffin
            Morgan
www.amitar.com.au/~morgan/tonepoet/
           8123364136
      [EMAIL PROTECTED]

>>> Jarred Flatman <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> 09/25/03 17:06 PM >>>
It sounds like that if you can see the screen at angles or out in the
sun or under light that your backlight has gone out it is a fairly
cheap part to replace as you can see

http://www.powerbooktech.com/component,name-LCD-Backlight-for-
Powerbook-Pismo-(LG),type-Pismo.htm

that one is for the lg display pismo  and is in US prices of course.....