From: Neil Houghton [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Wednesday, 15 October 2003 2:01 PM
To: WAMUG Mailing List
Subject: Missing mail

Hi all,

Has anyone else been having problems with missing mail?

I'm assuming I'm missing mail because I'm getting a lot of WAMUG messages
that are obviously replies to messages that I haven't seen. (ie subject
re:xxx where I didn't receive subject xxx or messages with quoted passages
which I haven't seen).

I heard on the news that telstra were having email problems and I wondered
if this might be related (I'm a bigpond customer) but although I had a few
"failed to retrieve" messages I seem to be connecting & receiving mail -
just not all of it?.

The other thing I noticed was mail that seemed out of sequence, eg I
recieved lots of the replies & replies to the replies for Peter's recent
ical color problem long before I received the original message.

I tried checking the archive to ascertain how much I might have missed but
the Yahoo one stops where the list got migrated.

Anyone else having similar problems? if so are you telstra customers?

TIA

Neil
--
Neil R. Houghton