On Wednesday, October 15, 2003, at 01:29 PM, Kelly Duffy wrote:

Actually, my only complaint about MS
Office for the Mac is the lack of help assistants we
get. I want the cute little dog or cat like the PC
users get!

This is the first time I've ever heard of anyone actually WANTING this! :-)

Most people I meet are asking me how to get rid of it...

If you don't see it, choose "Use the Office Assistant" from the Help menu. The default animation on the Mac is a small "Mac Classic" with legs. If you want a different animation, right (or control)-click on the Assistant window and choose "Choose Assistant..." from the contextual menu. There are only a couple of choices in the default installation, but there are more available from the Value Pack folder on the original Office CD.

--
Peter Hinchliffe
Apwin Computer Services            FileMaker Pro Solutions Developer