on 27/10/03 17:20, Richard Kay at [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> On Monday, October 27, 2003, at 05:00 PM, tom samson wrote:
>
>> Not just you , although I don't know who is at fault, I have multiples
>> of a lot of things and some mail that is not addressed to me.
>> Blame telstra
>> tom samson
>
> <SNIP>
>
> I've noticed that, at least in my case, the multiple emails are only
> coming from the mailing lists I subscribe to - WAMUG and BSWA (Buddhist
> Society of WA).
>
> I'm not seeing the problem, or at least I don't think I am seeing it
> (I'm starting to get confused by the volume) with private emails.

Likewise for me - I've been logged on a few times today & when logged on my
email is retrieved every 10 minutes (except when Bigpond rejects the
logon!). Repeats of WAMUG emails keep trickling in - I think the cap seems
to be ten copies of a message so far. Since I first realised the extent of
the problem, I haven't been deleting my mail and have it listed by "sent"
time so it's pretty easy to see how many copies there are of each message.

I can't really see any pattern - no repeats on some messages and up to ten
on others. Multiple messages from WAMUG originate from the whole spectrum of
ISP addresses and private domain addresses. The repeats all have the same
sent time but some are retrieved quite quickly and some after a whole day
has elapsed.

Like Richard, I haven't seen the problem with private email, but then I
don't get much of it and I did get half a dozen copies of ITQ's "Digilife -
update on Panther launch" each c/w 61k PDF!

>From the responses so far, it looks like only bigpond customers are the ones
having the problems? (except for Phil getting double messages - but that
sounds like a different problem) and yes, Matt, I had heard all about
bigponds mail problems and had noticed delays and logon problems - the
trouble is this particular problem seems to have manifested after bigpond
announced they were just about back to normal!!

Such is life.

Neil
--
Neil R. Houghton