Natalie

I have found that using the disk utility to repair permissions often solves
many weird problems.  I'm not sure I recall this particular sort of problem
but I have had plenty of others like not being able to drag and drop and
menus not working.  It may be a case of M$ updaters changing permissions and
not getting it right - especially as the updaters were written for 10.1.x
and 10.2.x.

Certainly worth a try.

Cheers and good luck

Greg