> Since I own a Mac and use a good ISP, I have no need to ring the support line.
>
> Nearly did not send the above statement, was thinking the dog may
> come back and bite me, I will take the chance. <smile>

good point, different users do - dont need support with their account ;)

Getting in touch with isp's for other matters is also important in my
experience, like being able to talk to someone that understands what a
traceroute is when you suspect one of their links is broken or being able
to talk to someone when your CC gets billed double :)

I guess with the reliability of service being provided and the
features/prices becoming so similar, support is really one of the
last metrics to measure a good isp :)

--
luke