On 16/1/04 8:49 AM, "Steve Woods" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

>> Hi all
>>
>> Bigpond have just launched there version of Apple's Music Store,
>> http://bigpondmusic.com/home.asp
>> Hopefully Apple's Music Store is just around the corner.
>> Hmm competion that's what i like to see  , sooner or later it's all going
>> be like the mobile phone industries
>>
>> I haven't look at it yet but will be .
>>
>> Bart
>
> Well they lost me from the start:
>
> "In order to download and purchase music from BigPond Music you must have
> a compatible Windows Media Player.
>
> At present there is no compatible Windows Media Player for Mac OS and as
> such you will be unable to play any downloaded music. You will be able to
> browse the BigPond Music Catalogue."
>
> Bring on iTMS.au :)
>
> Steve.

Um,...there is Windows Media Player for Mac. They even recently just
released Version 9 for Macintosh. (Only for OSX).

You can grab it from here.
<http://www.microsoft.com/mac/otherproducts/otherproducts.aspx?pid=windowsme
dia>

Unless I'm missing something of course. But this player will play any of the
.wma formats that PC's use.

Still I do hope the Apple ITMS in Australia gets here soon. (Hey it would be
nice to see iPhoto Book ordering while we're at it too!)

Hope that helps!

Kind Regards
Daniel Kerr
---