The saga of resurrecting my poor Lombard continues :

* Lombard 333, 256Mb RAM, 30Gb HD, 3 partitions, fresh format and clean 10.3.2 install * External HD (my data backup) is a 3.5" IBM DeskStar HD in a FW / USB combo case (has been flashed to Oxford 911 firmware v3.7)

Every time I try to copy a stack of data back (from the external HD to one of the internal drive partitions) it hangs after copying the first 120-200 Mb.

I had no difficulty in copying the data (via USB) to the external drive before the reformat of the internal drive.

I also had no difficulty in copying the data from the external drive to a mates G5 via FireWire in case the backup went south too!

I'm at a complete loss to explain this : it does it (hangs) with both FW or USB and I've tried another enclosure with the same result!

Everything (hardware and HDs) check out with TechTool Pro 4.0.1

I'd really like to hear any ideas on this one as I want way data back on my laptop!