I wonder what Apple would actually do with all these old G4's. I doubt they'd be sold 2nd hand and the parts probably wouldn't be all that useful. Perhaps they'd be donated or something. It would seem like a waste to just retrieve them and then throw them out.

Interesting post on http://www.xlr8yourmac.com/

<START QUOTE>

'Here's a tip - don't expect new G5's before 3/26/2004. Apple Oz (Australia) have just introduced a trade up program - they give buyers A$1000.00 (appx. $775 US) tradein for a G4 (no specific model mentioned) on a new G5, The program starts today and ends 3/26/2004 so I'm guessing the new G5's are released 3/27/2004 or soon thereafter.'

I've not yet seen this trade-in/trade-up offer at Apple's USA website as of early Friday morning (Eastern Time). He later said that even B&W G3s are being taken in trade there but you get about 1/2 the trade-in value of a G4. I hope that offer is done for the USA (It's not April Fools day either, I know this person.)

<END QUOTE>

Anyone here heard of this?

Cordially,

Richard Kay