On 1/2/04 3:26 PM, "Dark Servant" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> I wonder what Apple would actually do with all these old G4's.  I doubt
> they'd be sold 2nd hand and the parts probably wouldn't be all that
> useful.  Perhaps they'd be donated or something.  It would seem like a
> waste to just retrieve them and then throw them out.

Well, they are either sold in store as second hand machines, or palmed off
to secondhand dealers for them to sell.  Apple Australia never actually see
the machines traded in at the AppleCentres.

Last time they did this the store I worked at had a few trade ins, and most
were sold pretty quickly as there are always people who were looking for
older machines.

My tip would be to keep an eye out at the AppleCentres if you are after a
cheap(er) machine.  They don't want to hold on to these obsolete machines
for long, and would rather sell new macs instead!

Seeya

Rod!