On 10/2/04 8:58 AM, "Stewart Woods" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Hey All,
>
> Just doing a little switch-pitch on a friend here...
>
> She's considering the 17" powerbook so I'm looking around to find a
> comparable Dark Side machine.  Dell don't seem to make a 17" (from
> their near-impossible-to-navigate website? Is this correct?
> Is there anything comparable to the 17" PB, off hand?
>
> (I expect the alternative to be cheaper and plan to fill in the gap
> with evangelical rantings)
>
> Thanks for any assistance
>
> Stewart

I believe Toshiba is now making a 17" notebook - Satellite P20. I haven't
really compared the specs to the Mac but I know it doesn't ship with a
Superdrive, just a combo.

I've seen them online for $4400 inc XP Pro vs Apple at $5500 (non educ).
That may be a lot of "evangelical rantings" to fill in but I'm more of a
desktop person so what do I know ?

Larry