hi to the interested
Have been the victim of Toshiba quality for the past 4 years. Work for Govt dept that seems to have a love affair with the company. Sadly the satelitte series has been a huge disappointment. Recurrent similiar failures involving video power supplies, and other varied technical short comings requiring the machines to be shipped back to Sydney for repair as the local agents not authorised by Toshiba to do repairs.

Okay if you live over east but when you live in the west it means being without your machine for 2 to 3 weeks. ( Broome to Perth to Sydney to Perth to Broome) as Toshiba will not receive goods or send goods directly to the client. Indeed with 2 of the machines they travelled to Sydney twice to have the same problem fixed. can't comment on the 2003 or 04 versions as we won't be touching Toshiba again.

So for after sales service I would give Toshiba a big fat Egg.

And for quality of product regardless of price the old adage is true you get what you pay for (almost) ;o).
 End of Spleen venting..
Lindsay