For this kind of stuff, the best resources are:

www.macosxhints.com
www.macwindows.com

re: printing, attaching your printer to the mac(hence directly printing from your mac) and printing from windows via sharing might be better. I found a hint for that a few weeks ago on macosxhints.com:

 ------
10.3: Print from Windows XP to a shared Mac printer
 Mon, Feb 16 '04 at 08:55AM • from: tvkeller

There have been hints for that using Jaguar and CUPS. In Panther, it works without any special work under the hood -- just switch on "Printer sharing" and "Windows sharing" in the Sharing preferences panel. In Windows, add a new network printer; you can find it by browsing. But now the important thing: When Windows asks to select a driver for the printer, select any PostScript driver like the Apple LaserWriter or Color LaserWriter instead of the printer model you're using.

Regards

Dave