On 28/02/2004, at 8:37 AM, Bart Raffaele wrote:

Hi all
I'm having problems with my iMac Bondi , When i turn it on the old favorite folder comes on and flashes with the question mark and stays on.

I haven't seen this problem since the days of my SE/30, Meaning i might have a serious problem with my hard disk or the system startup.

Can some one help with this one, can't remember what remedy would be.
I'm running OS 9.2.2 but only got 9.2.1 on cd

this would be greatly appreciated.

Bart

First, start the computer from your 9.2.1 CD. You can then

1. Run Disk First Aid and repair your HD. If you're lucky, this will fix the problem. If it doesn't,

2. Perform a clean install of 9.2.1. This is a lot more work, since you will have to copy over all your extra extensions, fonts, control panels, startup items and important preferences from your old System Folder.

--
Peter Hinchliffe
Apwin Computer Services            FileMaker Pro Solutions Developer