Not sure as never used imovie will attempt later today, but from a quick
google people acknowledge 2gb limit per clip, so just stop before this
limit or it should just start another clip if you are capturing from dv.
Then join clips and export via quicktime for your mpeg4 file.

On Sun, 2004-05-02 at 18:56, Roger P Kortas wrote:
> Thanks Rob but its to big for imovie to handle, imovie will only
> handle files less then 2gb's
>
> Roger
>
> >imovie should do the job?
> >
> >On Sun, 2004-05-02 at 17:32, Roger P Kortas wrote:
> >>  Hi All
> >>
> >>  I hired a digital camera and got the resulting movie burned to DVD,
> >>  but as always there is a but!!  I only used part of the second tape
> >>  and there was some footage from the previous hirer on the tape which
> >>  of course got burnt to the DVD.
> >>
> >>  Is there a way of editing this movie to get rid of the extra
> >>  footage??  I have iDVD but is doesn't seem to allow you to edit the
> >>  movie itself.
> >>
> >>  Regards
> >>
> >>  Roger
cheers
--
Rob Davies
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

' To converse is one strategy that separates us, from the Apes.'