On 6/5/04 2:37 PM, "Mark Scholmann" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:

> Yes... in a way.
>
> Some ISP's (or all?, not 100% sure) will not allow you to send via their
> outgoing mail server (SMTP) if you are not logged in through their network
> (ie. dialup, etc).
>
> I logged on to iiNet the other day via modem, and set up OE to access an
> account with "ca.com.au".  Incoming (POP3) was okay, but outgoing (SMTP)
> was not allowed due to this reason.
>
> It stops malicious persons from redirecting through ISP's for spamming and
> virus purposes (without being logged in which could be traced).
>
> Mark S

Which means using a ozmac.com email address is useless for WAMUG messages,
as it requires authentification to send out via the smtp.ozmac.com server.
Doesn't matter now, as I have switched back to using my mac.com address for
WAMUG messages.

Seeya

Rod!