As I receive bogus e-mail almost everyday now usually with a nice suspicious attachment file I dare say a virus spreader has taken hold of my e-mail address. I never open these files but they keep coming. I wonder if a virus is actually in my machine.

Unlikely, unless you're one of the lucky new recipients of an as yet unknown Macintosh virus (assuming you're using a Mac, of course).

Anyone can send e-mail that purports to come from your e-mail address, including viruses. This is one of the methods viruses use to encourage people to open their virus payload, and ensure their own survival. E-mail is inherently insecure, unless it's cryptographically signed or encrypted.

Has anyone else been having the same trouble?

Yes.

Thanks,
Shay
--
 Perth, Western Australia   Technomancer  Join Team Sungroper in the