Hi all

A friend of mine has a 233 iMac which went kaput a while back (I sold it to her).
Black screen of death.
The power light comes on, you hear the machine starting but no display.
Someone on this list some time ago suggested it was a 'logic board' or something to do with the display powersupply, this is out of my league really.

Lucky she doesnt always take my advice, I advised not buying a battery for it:

This happened to my 233 iMac recently, right in the middle of a project I had to get out.

luckily i have kept Applecare going  since I got it in 1998, @ $90/year

was told it was the video analogue board - expensive to replace - cost me $0 though.

evidently Anthony @ Computer Trade Center has identified the issue and now has an abundance of the one part that is the problem . Take it to them, I am sure they can fix it.

otherwise get it fixed via Applecare.

chow
--