On 31/05/2004, at 7:00 PM, Alex Novakovic wrote:

Hi again guys

My HD icon keeps jumping down the screen each time I boot up. Not a huge problem but a tad annoying. It has been recommended to me to trash the Finder preference file, which I did (the one that resides in User/Myname/......), but for no joy.

Any ideas, please?

Many thanks in advance again,  Alex

Have you tried Finder > View > Show View Options > Keep Arranged By (checkbox)? If you specify "Kind" in the popup menu it should force the issue.

FileMaker Pro Solutions Developer
Perth, Western Australia
Phone (618) 9332 6482    Fax (618) 9332 0913