This was an interesting exercise Peter!

When I went to the 'Show View Options' and selected 'Keep Arranged by Kind',
my desktop icon all formed into three piles. One in the top left corner, one
just below that and the third in the top right corner.

An interesting experience :-)

Ken..

Hi Ken & Others (& thanks to Peter)

I looked at this suggestion but did not like the options given for "Keep Arranged By ....." as I want to arrange by physical position as placed by myself. However, I discovered the Snap to Grid option which I think should fix it. Don't feel like rebooting at the moment, so can't definitively say it worked yet.

I hope the meeting went well tonight - couldn't make it this time.

Cheers,  Alex

.