Your reference to dLink is incorrect. You can configure any of their
devices that I am aware of using a web-browser. Their own software runs
under Windows only AFAIK, but it is not required at all.

Unless you want to do a firmware upgrade and have a version of the firmware that doesn't yet support x-modem firmware upgrades via the console serial port. Then you need a PC. This is probably only relevant if you're buying ancient (ie 2 years old :) secondhand D-Link equipment, otherwise a Mac should be fine.

> 3 What are your experiences with extension antennae? NetGear offer 2,
one being omnidirectional. DLink have quite a few nice models. Are they cross-compatible? DLink's 5km radius is tempting to ping it out to the rest of town...

If you're after antennae, drop Jamie (a friend of mine) a line, his web site is <http://www.techtopia.com.au/> he's a Mac user and he sells lots of wireless gear/antennae etc.

> 5 Is a G4 Dual Processor Xserve running 10.3.4 Server software
considered to be a RADIUS server, presumably to enable EAP-TLS, EAP-TTLS, EAP-PEAP security and authentication, which are DET
 > requirements and which the WG302 supports?

There appear to be a few Radius server software packages. Not that I know anything about it other than its existence (haven't installed or used any of these products, just Googled for them :)

<http://www.freeradius.org/>
<http://www.open.com.au/radiator/>
<http://www.macradius.com/>

Have fun,
Shay
--
 Perth, Western Australia   Technomancer  Join Team Sungroper in the