CBD - Mounts Bay Waters Apartment
http://www.mount-bay-apartment-hotel.com.au/

You could also check out the Emerald Hotel <http://www.ehp.emeraldhotel.com.au/>, they have been hungry for (convention) business at times and might be able to organise a discount for a month's stay.

The sticking point for me as a Mac Consultant is I will need to still service my clients while here, so I need to have high speed internet access while I'm in Perth. The apartment in Scarborough is willing to install it. What would be the best service? I've seen mention of Big Pond are there other that are more reliable?

Well, it just took 38 days for my folks ADSL hookup (according to Westnet apparently Telstra managed to lose the connection request), so if you're only going to be here for a month I'd make sure that the ADSL is organised well beforehand! Or just hope you're close to a friendly wireless node. Pretty much Telstra handles all their own (Bigpond's) competitor's ADSL hookups (except iinet's in select cases) so you're pretty much at their whim.

Does anyone have an opinion about which air carrier to use when flying to Perth from Melbourne? We have seen Quantas,of course, and also Virgin Blue ???

Those are about the only options. One of the joys of living in Perth is how expensive it is to get anywhere else in the world :)

Have fun,
Shay
--
 Perth, Western Australia   Technomancer  Join Team Sungroper in the