I couldn't agree with Tim more. I'm afraid a shopfront retailer and a website/mobile phone "retailer" are simply NOT comparable.

And I think the list should lay off the thinly veiled whinges about our shopfront retailers. Do we want shopfront retailers for the mac or don't we?

Hey, there will be good and bad stories about every dealer, but if they are no good they will sink under their own weight without any help from WAMUG members.

And I really don't like the idea of any postings to this sort of list about our shopfront retailers - it is too open to abuse and planted stories.

Dudley Gager

Declaration of interest:
1. I have never met Daniel Macwizardry and I have no connection with any retailer shopfront or otherwise. 2. I have had perfectly adequate service from various retailers over many years going back to a 1985 Random Access in Collins St Melbourne.
3. I have had wonderful help from this list on numerous occasions.