In message <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
on Fri, Sep 17, 2004 at 01:32:30PM +0800, Shay Telfer wrote:
> The users of Debian can download updates themselves if the automatic
> updating isn't working.

So could Mac users, *except* that Apple's support website doesn't
necessarily reflect the status of Apple's updates until days after
Apple's announcements.

> They also tend to be more technically skilled.

I don't see how this affects the publication and distribution of
updates through a fixed set of distribution points around the globe.
Either it works or it doesn't. If you have use your technical skills
to reconfigure or manually download, then the system probably hasn't
worked.

> <http://www.google.com/search?q=debian+update+broken&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8>

I don't think that's a reliable type of search to perform. In any case,
searching for '"Mac OS X" update broken' returns about 3.5 more hits
than 'Debian update broken' -- and I don't think either result is valid.