Howdy Shay,

On 01/10/2004, at 1:54 PM, Shay Telfer wrote:
Have you tried the javascript under Safari? Firefox on the Mac has a 'Get Info' option from its 'View' menu which displays the modification date of the current page.

Just plugged the js string in again on a few more pages and it **does** return the info.
Thanks. :-)
The pages I was querying yesterday were returning a blank js drop-down (I love the way the js announcements all hang down discreetly from the menu bar btw) - which made me think Safari wasn't passing it on. Just chance they were all without the info anyway. I've been resisting getting Firefix because I want to make sure I **really** need anything not in the mac bundle. I've been a Mozilla user since around Phoenix 0.5 and am very pleased to leave all the message boards and bug reports behind me for a while :-)