On Fri, 2004-10-29 at 08:06, Antony N. Lord wrote:
> DVDBackup (which I've used in the past on other machines) requires
> Apple DVD Player to "authenticate" DVDs before they can be backed up.
> Obviously the player can't be installed on this model machine.

Uhm, "obviously" ?

Not sure why, but I'm sure you've actually tried it yes?

I suspect that with some un*x tools you could do what you need to, or
you could likely use the DiskImage tool and make an image of the disk,
but I'm not anywhere near a Macintosh - despite Mike's best efforts - so
I can only speak from a hist[o|e]rical perspective :-)

Cheers,

Onno Benschop

Connected via WestNet because I cannot see Optus B3 where I am :-(
--
()/)/)()        ..ASCII for Onno..
|>>?            ..EBCDIC for Onno..
--- -. -. ---   ..Morse for Onno..