Greg, the Help Menu offers the Ragtime 5 Reference and so doing a search there produced the page you referred to. I explored the page sizes etc with the file received on a CD from a PC running XP but could not produce a functional document. In the end I had to resort to visiting my son, put it on his PC, did the necessary editing and burning to a CD to take to the office tomorrow.

This afternoon I decided to try again on the Mac. Up came the document saying it was in landscape in Page Setup but still only half the page visible. I happened to click on the zoom button on the top right of the page - SHIZAM - the whole landscape page appeared and I could work on it. So simple that I could not think why I had not tried it before.

Thank you for your investigations and thereby prompting me to persevere. I hope you didn't waste too much of your time. Ragtime is as you say a "pretty cool program" but clearly I have much to learn about it.
Regards
Merv